Thursday, February 24, 2011

It's My Birthday, And I'll Cry If I Want To....

No, No I won't! I had a fabulous birthday, despite trying to deny my age :). 
I was overwhelmed by the love at work.  I have a great group of core friends there and a great boss. They spoiled me with gift cards and flowers. My friends are amazing, my two best friends both sent me birthday wishes first thing in the morning.  My niece said, "Happy Birthday, Auntie"...which melts my heart. 
I am blessed. I usually dread my birthday and get a little sad that I am "alone".  It has taken awhile for me to realize that I have an abundance of family and friends. And I love them with all of my heart. Friends are making me dinner tomorrow night, and nothing makes me happier.

Yes, the diet went out the window this morning. I am going to go carb-less on Ash Wednesday, I can do 40 days with no carbs. I am kind of looking forward to the challenge again.  Yes, there are birthdays in there, but it will work out. 

Speaking of workout, I haven't today.  I will jump back on that treadmill on Saturday. Oh, and it is supposed to be 4freaking9 degrees on Saturday. Really? This is NOT why I live in Southern California.  But, I bet it will be beautiful by the ocean.

No comments:

Post a Comment