Thursday, October 4, 2012

Big F.A.T. wake up call!

I do believe I have had my wake up call. I take blood pressure medication and I have seen how my weight directly effects my pressure. I have a dad that has a serious heart condition and I know that I can inherit that from him. But do I do anything about it? No. Not until now that is.

I have had a headache since Sunday afternoon. It has been hot here and I just thought it was the weather and that I need to get my eyes checked. 
On Wednesday, I was at work for about 45 minutes when i started to get light headed, nauseous and shaky. I literally wanted to lay down on the floor in the bathroom. I gave it a little while thinking it would go away. It didn't so I ended up coming home. Long story short, I went to the Urgent Care last night. Basically I think it is my blood pressure. It was really high tonight, I'm talking 150/101. WTF?  I am a poor single girl and occasionally I can not get my prescriptions refilled on time. And so I was off my meds for awhile. The doc explained that that was probably why I have a headache and because my pressure is high. 
I stayed home again today and it is off and on better. I do think I might have a touch of a flu because I am sick to my stomach and sleeping a lot. 
I remember bargaining with God last night that if he would just let me feel better, I would never not take my meds and I would lose weight and work out. 

I honestly am a bit scared to go to my follow up appointment tomorrow. I am hoping my pressure is back down a bit. I hate seeing new doctors and frankly I know that they will tell me I am obese and need to lose weight. I KNOW THAT! 

Now is the time that I will do it. I had already signed up to do an 8 week program with my bff. According to my scale I have already lost a few pounds..,but of course  I do not believe it.
I am not going to let myself feel this way again. SO STUPID.

I have never put my weight out there and I am soooo mortified to do so, but I have to be held accountable. Will you help me?
Starting weight : 267.6

I have made a pinterest craft...what?...yes, I made something from Pinterest! It is a weight loss cup with glass bubbles that represent how much weight I need to lose. I'll snag a picture and post it :) 
I need to go this weekend and stock up on my fruits and veggies from the farmers market. 
I don't think there is anyone out there that reads this, but that is OK, I am doing this for me! isn't that what weight loss is all about? Oh, and because I want to be around for these two beautiful nieces of mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment